Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Did I really just read

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    It just shows the irresponsiblity of banks for the last 20 years. Now everyone has to pay for it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    AIG stock dropped over 50% today as well? The more I read on this the better it gets.......
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    As for the oil industry, the sad part is, its local businesses taking the biggest advantage of it ( I dont just mean this area) versus big corporations. The production in the gulf was down 77% last week because of the hurricane. Its not like all the petro for the US was stopped or anything. Thats a minor part of our total amounts.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #14
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    The funny thing is, when someone went to a gas station to get gas this weekend, the attendants said "You had better get all you can now at this price because it is going up in about 30 minutes". And all the time this little panic was going on and the prices were going out of sight, not one of those stations were taking any gasoline deliveries at all. I know for a fact that the gas in their system was already paid for, so why "gouge" the hell out of us, the consumer?

    I think that there was a conspiracy going on between the station owners this weekend.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    Greed, this whole thing is a mess. I went and bought 20 dollars worth because I was on empty when this whole fiasco started. I'm waiting on it to go down before I buy another nickels worth. It has to go down, they are making a killing, especially are if they selling the high test stuff because regular is sold out.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    What is there like 40 some odd gallons in a barrel of oil? At $96 a barrel these guys are robbing the American public.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    Funny thing about this weekend, some of the stations weren't selling regular because they were "out" of it, but they were selling the midgrade. Midgrade is actually a mixture of the regular and high grade gas and it is mixed by pulling both grades out of the tank at the same time and mixed before going into your tank.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is there like 40 some odd gallons in a barrel of oil? At $96 a barrel these guys are robbing the American public. </div></div>

    A barrel is generally 55 gallons, but once refined Im not sure what ends up being gasoline and what ends up being other stuff.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #19
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    What I think is hilarious is that Iran is converting all of their vehicles to run off natural gas so they can sell all of the oil they produce rather than consume it.

    So they are getting richer becuase we are so addicted to oil and so reluctant and partisan to make the tough decisions.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  10. #20
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    I belive, if I'm not mistaken, that about 80% of a barrel of crude is converted into useable fuel, ie. gasoline, diesel, and kerosene. The rest is used as "by-products"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •